Over the past few years there have been significant improvements to primary school meals in Merton. The Council has worked successfully with parents to ensure school dinners are healthy and contain quality ingredients.
This was linked to an ambitious plan of ensuring all meals are cooked fresh on site. All our school meals are cooked fresh on site by our cooks Stacey and Sue.
You may be eligible to receive free school meals if you receive of one these benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income-related)
- Child Tax Credit, so long as you do not get Working Tax Credit and your family's annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190. Anyone receiving Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free school meals regardless of their income.
- you get support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- you receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit.
Click here to check eligibility and apply for free school meals