PE and Sports Premium
The Sports Premium really enabled St Matthew’s to improve our PE/sports provision over the last five academic years and we are looking to continue to improve our offer.
Overview of Sport Provision
- Our wonderful big green field where we can run, play and explore.
- The Merton Sports Partnership which brokers and shares the talents and expertise of specialist teachers and organises cross borough and inter borough competitions for us.
- Well trained and enthusiastic teachers and support staff who enjoy sport themselves. Teachers run sports clubs before school for the children.
- Mr. Paddy O’D, retired Deputy Head of Wimbledon College, who generously and voluntarily coaches our children, particularly in touch rugby, cricket and athletics.
- Our healthy and fun loving children who want to test and challenge themselves.
- Well stocked P.E. sheds.
- Many of our children belong to families whose parents enjoy sport and encourage them to be involved in sports and activity out of school.
- Gym hall with large and small apparatus
- A very successful and enjoyable sports day.
- Termly House Sport Competitions
- Gymnastics Show
PE Funding for 2019-20