Our Mission Statement, Ethos and Values
St Matthew’s Primary School provides a high standard of education within a Christian environment where every pupil is valued as an individual. It is our aim that all pupils reach their full potential, take responsibility for themselves and their actions, show respect and concern for others, and care for the natural world. Our children move on to the next stage of their education with enthusiasm, curiosity and a love of learning.
The staff, parents and governors work in partnership to achieve this by:
- providing an education which is underpinned with the Christian ethos and based on Christian values and principles;
- raising levels of expectation and encouraging academic excellence;
- providing a well-delivered and balanced curriculum, informed by assessments and children’s needs;
- creating and maintaining a harmonious atmosphere by co-operation and sensitivity towards others;
- having high standards of personal conduct and a sense of fun;
- working as a team to improve and manage the school effectively;
- providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment;
- encouraging children to adopt a healthy lifestyle.