The children at St Matthew's have a real desire to care for the environment that God created. We have a Green Team, made up of two children from every year group from Year 3 to Year Six. They meet every month and this year they are working towards achieving Eco-Schools status.
Some of the things that we do at St Matthew's to help protect our environment are:
- compost all green waste from the school kitchen to be used in our allotment
- compost all of the leaves in our playground to make leaf mould for our allotment
- recycle all paper and plastic used in the school
- encourage the PTA to recycle at the events they organise
- have light monitors to ensure lights are not left on.